I've spent a lot of time on installing the ruby-on-rails by yum. But it doesn't work. Today I tried to download the tar package and intall it, it is successful.
My steps are so easy that there is anything different from the "Get Started" page in ruby-on-rails official page: http://rubyonrails.org/download
1. install ruby(I install the 1.8.6 by yum)
2. install rubygem
download the tar package and extract it, then run "ruby setup.rb
3. install rubyonrails by gem
gem install rails(Here I wait a long time)
4. set up the application and start the server
The basic step is finished, but there are some useful extensions needed to be installed.
1. install the ruby-devel by yum
2. install sqlite-ruby by gem: sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby
3. install sqlite3 by yum if it hasn't been installed